Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Trader Joe's, Recipes & My First Ipsy Glam Bag

Since moving to the east coast, I have been introduced to new stores that I've never heard of. Such as Costco (Which I love now) and Safeway. But Trader Joe's has been my favorite of all. The first Trader Joe's I ever went to was in Federal Way, WA while we were visiting Matt's family before he deployed. I had never been to a store like it before. Where I grew up we only shopped at Wal-Mart because that's really the only store nearby, besides a Homeland (which I haven't seen since moving to the east coast). So I think I really loved TJ's because it was a new change and we have found some really great food that we now buy all the time. We are planning on going there this weekend and I will post pictures of  some of our favorite things from there. 

But I was wondering, do you shop at Trader Joe's? Are we missing out on some things from there? I ask because we recently went and I found some seasoning that we love now. 
I used this to season some turkey burgers the other night and it was delicous. So now I am wondering what else is at Trader Joe's that we are missing out on ; ) 

When Matt and I got married I didn't have much knowledge on cooking (besides basics) or recipes that I loved. I've just been learning on the job ; ). Over the past year though I've built up a large stack of recipes I want to write down instead of just having them saved on my computer. So I found this little journal at Wal-Mart the other day for $7 and thought it would be perfect for the job. 



Now I am just working on gathering all the recipes I want to have inside it before I start writing them in. At the same time I am trying to change up our usual food routine for something healthier. Which means I have a lot more research to do. I've been curious about people who cook with coconut oil but I don't know anything about it. I don't know what benefits you get from switching or if it effects the taste of the food. But I am definitely interested in it. Do you use coconut oil to cook? I'm wondering if I should make the change or not. A little tub of coconut oil at the store was pretty expensive, so I decided I would look into it more before I bought some. 

One more quick thing before I end this post...

I signed up for an Ipsy subscription last month

http://www.ipsy.com/theglambag

It is only $10 a month so I thought I would give it a try. I love makeup so why not : D
I just got my first bag yesterday and I am so excited to try all of the things out!


My package had..

A silver makeup bag
Lipgloss - Be A Bombshell in the color "Hot Mess"
Mirabella Prime - Primer for face & eyes
Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eyeliner in black
Mai Couture Highlighter Sheets 
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania - A loose powder eyeshadow

I am really excited about the primer. I've been looking for a better primer for my eyeshadow. I'm ready for my next bag already : ) 

Molly

PS I've literally had Ed Sheeran on repeat for like a week. Two of my favorites right now are "Small Bump" & "Lego House". I just love his voice. You should go check him out if you haven't heard of him. He has such a great voice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment